Assignment 0

Assignment #0 | Course Resources & First Reading Assignment [download pdf]

Due date: Monday, 23 January 2017, 12 pm. Total: 15 points

The purpose of this assignment if for you to become familiar with the online resources for the course.

Slack

Use slack to reach me and your colleagues in the class. You can ask questions, answer questions, share interesting resources, and send direct messages to me or anyone in the class.

Pdfs of assigned readings will be uploaded on slack, under the #readings channel. (For copyright reasons, I cannot post pdfs on the class website, which is public). 

1. Join the class slack page: moltensalt.slack.com
  2. Post under channel #1history two or more questions on the reading assignment: “Chapter 1 – Introduction.” (uploaded under #readings channel)
  3. If you have questions about the videos that you watched in class, please also post them here, so that I can address them in the next lecture.

Edublogs

You have to create a blog to which you will post all of your assignments for this course.

The assignments for this course will ask you to discuss some of the assigned readings, and explain and provide example calculations for the concepts discussed in the readings. The purpose of submitting your assignments online is to share what you learn with everybody else in rest of the world that’s interested in learning about molten salts reactors. You are welcome to post to this blog any other interesting material or resources that you wish, in order to make it a more comprehensive and useful website. I also highly recommend that you create a front page, to which you link all of your individual blog posts for each of your assignments, this makes it easy for me, when I grade, and for everyone else to navigate your site.

1. Create a personal blog by following this link:
    https://nuclearenergy.edublogs.org/?join-invite-code=5834165-salt
  2. Format your blog as you wish.
  3. Post the link to your edublog under the #edubloglinks